Wednesday, May 25, 2011

At a time like this...

  So, I know my blog posting has been slower than usual this week. There was a tragic loss in my best friend's family. He was a young father, a husband, a son, a friend, an uncle, a brother... And he is now gone. 




  At a time like this, you realize we are never promised any amount of time on this earth. We are not in control of our life or our destiny. We are not invincible. But we are in control of how we spend our time on earth. During this time of loss it seems so many people feel guilty... Thoughts of should've, could've, would've consume people! 
  The truth is we should all be living like we're dying! By this I do not mean to cross things off your 'bucket list', or give away all your belongings or put all your affairs in order... What I mean is to live without regrets, choose to be happy, give undeserving forgiveness, love without holding back, be honest to the fullest, help others all that you can. Think about when you are gone, what will others say about you? Or if a loved one dies, will you have regrets wishing you would've done something different? 
  I attended his viewing on Monday night. It was actually the first viewing I've ever attended. To see someone deceased brings you face to face with the truth we like to forget... We are more than just flesh & blood! We have an eternal spirit inside of us. And our choices on earth will directly effect what happens to our soul when we die.
  It can be scary to think that our time on earth is but a moment compared to eternity. But it should give us such hope and joy! To think that we have the opportunity to move on to a place of perfect peace, with no sorrow or pain. But even more than that it should give us such motivation for this life on earth. 

~Psalm 55:16-19
But I call to God, and the Lord saves me.
Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice.
He ransoms me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even though many oppose me.


**He left behind a wife, 2 young sons! This will be a long process for the family to grieve! Keep them surrounded in prayer! If you would like to donate to the boys future you can do so at any Navy Federal Credit Union to "The Christensen Boy's Fund". Thank you for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment