Friday, May 13, 2011

Finally...


So the weekend is finally here! Seems like all week long we count down to Friday! But why??? I get that it is a break from the norm of life. We have a little more freedom & maybe some fun things planned! But why do we "live" for the weekends? Seems so wasteful for us to live life to the fullest only 2 1/2 days of the week. Sometimes we even live it up so much that we're exhausted starting the week on Monday. 

  We spend so much time waiting & anticipating things that we miss out on the present moment! 



  I remember when my 1st daughter was born... I would always say, "I can't wait until she can... smile, crawl, walk, talk, etc." And now that she's almost 7 years old I wish I would have enjoyed her more in the moment! 

  I remember when I was in school... I would say, "I can't wait til I graduate!" Man, some days what I wouldn't give to be back in school & be carefree like that again!  

  I remember being a teenager... I would say, "I can't wait to move out!" How I would love to live at home & have no responsibilities! 

  I remember when I was dating my now husband... I would say, "I can't wait to get married!" I love him & all, but any married person can probably agree that waiting wouldn't have hurt anything! 
 
We wait for so many things in life... And in the meantime, let so many moments pass us by! Why not enjoy every moment we can! We're never promised the weekend, so why wait for it!

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Joe Lewis

Just some thoughts! I'd love to hear your feedback & opinions!




Shared with:    

1 comment:

  1. Such wisdom!! I try to tell my self those things every day, but sometimes life has a way of taking over. May God take captive my every thought and action to bring Him glory in each moment!

    ReplyDelete