In creating a "Marriage Built to Last", you must agree to make a lot of hard decisions for the sake of your marriage:
- Choose to commit 100% to your marriage & that divorce is not an option.
- Choose to put your spouse 1st above everyone, in every situation... Including yourself!
- Choose to make your relationship with God a priority!
- Choose to take inventory of yourself & your past.
- Choose to deal with the issues from your past that affect your present.
- Choose to communicate with your spouse... instead of avoiding.
- Choose to spend time ALONE with your spouse.
- Choose to find an area to serve together with your spouse.
- Choose to be vulnerable & intimate with your spouse.
- Choose to give your spouse permission to be human and mess up.
- Choose to to look to God do the healing... not your spouse.
- Choose to have realistic expectations.
- Choose to have constructive conflict.
- Choose to adjust sexual intimacy to the "seasons" in your life.
That may sounds like an overwhelming list, but God is the only hope for a lasting, fulfilling marriage. I encourage you to take the steps that will lead you down this road. It is definitely a journey worth taking!