Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Recipe of the Week - Easy Chicken Enchiladas

 

Every week I have been trying to add a new recipe to my repertoire. I figured if I'm already putting it on my Meal Plan for everyone to see, I might as well document it for you to maybe be inspired to do the same. Depending on my schedule, I'll try to test it out on Monday & then report back on Tuesday and let you know my findings! :) 
So here's the 1st one. 



Easy Chicken Enchiladas:

 1 small pepper, sliced
 2 tsp. oil
 1-1/2lb. chicken breasts
 1 tub Philadelphia Sante Fe blend cooking creme, divided
 2 cups Mexican style or Cheddar shredded cheese
 10 tortillas (6 in.)
 1 pack/can of enchilada sauce

- Cook chicken & peppers in crockpot with enchilada sauce (my preferred way)
- Heat oven to 350
- Shred by using 2 forks to pull apart
- Add chicken to skillet with 1/2 of cream cheese, on low
- Fill tortillas with cheese, chicken & peppers
- Place rolled tortillas into casserole dish
- Pour the rest of the cooking cream & enchilada sauce over the tortillas
- Top with remaining cheese
- Cook until bubbly (only about 10-15 min)
*Serve with rice, corn, or chips & salsa

 
  I will definitely be making this again. But I realized that it would be easiest to have used already cooked chicken, like leftovers from cooking a whole chicken. I used Homemade Tortillas & loved them! I have tried a few different recipes & failed miserably! Each time vowing to never try again! But I have finally succeeded! They were so yummy! You could also add a can of tomatoes & cook those in the crockpot, too.


Let me know if try these! If you have any recipe suggestions let me know! 




Shared on:
 
Tip Junkie handmade projects

3 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope you love it as much as my family did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I've gone thru so many links...I've totally forgotten where I found you. Sorry! Looking forward to trying your recipes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete