Monday, June 27, 2011

My New Recipe of the Week - Chicken Parmesan

This week I am trying Chicken Parmesan. Now, I have tried making this before a long time ago, but it more consisted of buying breaded chicken & throwing a can of tomato sauce on it... I'd say it doesn't really count. We had a meal similar to this at a friends house a few nights ago & it was delish! So I was trying to recreate it! I really just keep forgetting to ask her for the recipe! 
My favorite thing is that you can easily make this recipe for a couple or a crew... Like I have! :)



Chicken Parmesan 

3 tbsp olive oil 
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 (3-ounces each) chicken cutlets
1 1/2 cups purchased marinara sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
16 tsp grated Parmesan
2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces

Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Stir the oil and herbs in a small bowl to blend. 
Season with salt and pepper. 
Brush both sides of the cutlets with the herb oil. 
Heat a heavy large oven-proof skillet over high heat. 
Add the cutlets and cook just until brown, about 2 minutes per side. 
Remove the skillet from the heat.
Spoon the marinara sauce over and around the cutlets. 
Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of mozzarella over each cutlet.
Then sprinkle 2 teaspoons of Parmesan over each. 
Sprinkle the butter pieces atop the cutlets. 
Bake until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.

** I used Classico marinara sauce I already had. I also used chicken breasts and cut them out to be thinner. And instead of cooking all the sauce in the skillet, I only used 1/4 of the can & then heated the rest to spoon over... I served with buttered egg noodles & bread. It was yummy! I need to remember to start taking a pic!
Are you trying anything new tonight???

No comments:

Post a Comment