Thursday, June 9, 2011

School's Out

  So, it's official... The kids are on Summer Break! Am I the only mother that feels weirdly guilty if my kids are not entertained every moment of the summer??? I don't know why, but I sometimes feel as if summer can be a daunting task. I just try to keep my eye on the light at the end of the tunnel... School. Lol I know I was just saying I was ready for summer, but now I'm trying to think of how I can fill up their summer days and keep them from fighting nonstop. 
 They will be doing 2 summer camps & we have a vacation for Dewey Beach planned. We are members at the pool & go the beach often. But as for the mundane days where we stay home, especially when it's super hot outside... That's the part I dread. 
  What do you guys do to keep your kids entertained???
 

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean!!! We have a game day where we just sit and play bored games all day, we build tents out of the kitchen table, have scavenger hunts, camp in the backyard, have a craft day where we bring out all the craft supplies and go crazy....just a few ideas!! Good luck, we have 56 days till my boys go back to school :-)

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. Keeping busy keeps the sanity. I do all the same and summer $1 movies, bluebird gap farm has friday activities, library summer program and lots of playdates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breana:

    We make great use of the public library!!! They have a GREAT summer reading program and have special events all through the summer! They also continue storytime for the little ones throughout the summer! They also have some activity times for the older kids and do free movies!! It's a good place to go when it's really hot outside!

    ReplyDelete