Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

This past week has been full of great events for our family! 
Monday we stayed home & had a lazy day of pajamas & board games! My kids got along surprisingly well! And we just enjoyed each others company! We did make a mess in the process, by pulling out games from waaay back in the cabinet, but it was well worth it!

Tuesday we went to the pool for a few hours! I won MAJOR "Cool Mom" points by going down the slide during adult swim! And I only screamed for a second! My husband and I ended the day with a Wendy's drive-thru date & ate in the parking lot! Gotta do what ya gotta do! 

Wednesday we met some other mom's from church at the zoo! The weather was nice & almost all the animals were out for us to see! Even the tigers & lions! The kids were thrilled! They were exhausted afterwards & we had a nice relaxing evening! 

Thursday we went to Busch Gardens in the late afternoon! We have not been in 3 years! We were met with perfect weather, no lines & even saw fireworks! The evening is definitely my favorite time to go! My husband & I worked together well at keeping all the kids satisfied! The 2 oldest are tall enough to go on everything, so we were a little apprehensive as to how it would work with keeping everyone happy! But we easily took turns with them & we all had a blast! And my almost 7 year old road her very 1st roller coaster! As if there was ever a doubt... She is definitely her mother's daughter! She screamed like a champ the entire way up AND down!

Friday we went to the beach the ENTIRE day with my mom & another friend! It was our 1st official beach day & it was great! The weather wasn't too hot, the water was warm, the beach was empty, the kids got along perfectly and my youngest son even took a nap on the beach!!! Say what??? We were there for 7 hours and enjoyed every single minute! We may have stayed longer if we didn't run out of food! 

Saturday we stayed home & relaxed! My youngest son, tried riding his bike without training wheels for the 1st time! He was rather successful, but lost interest in trying pretty quick!  

We just got home from the fireworks at the park with family! We like to go the night before to satisfy the kids & avoid the chaos of the 4th by cooking out at home! I am waiting for the beach towels to finish in the wash, so I can go to bed! We are going to the beach early tomorrow... In hopes of beating the crowds! Wish us luck!

The Rite Aid & Walgreens deals are posted! I plan on shopping at Harris Teeter on Tuesday to grab a few sale items! I went by Farm Fresh today & bought 4 boxes of Nature Valley granola bars, used one $0.50/2 coupon (doubled)... My total was $9.45 & I received a Catalina coupon for $5.00 & $2.00... So, really my total is $2.45 for 4 boxes of granola bars! I was happy with that! 

I'm looking forward to a week of celebration ahead! It is my daughters 7th birthday! I cannot believe she is that old... Which means I am getting older! How does that happen??? I remember the night she was born we joked that the 4th of July fireworks were for her birthday! This year we will be having her 1st Slumber Party! It should be interesting... to say the least! 


**That's about all my randomness for now! How was your week??? What was the high & low?

No comments:

Post a Comment