Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Hannah Grace

I am almost in disbelief that my little girl is now 7 years old! How did this happen? Where did the time go? 
 (Today in her new Justice bday outfit we bought)

I can remember the day she was born like it was yesterday! When I found out I was pregnant, I thought my life was over! Thankfully my family & friends were hugely supportive! Her Dad & I spent the months preparing for her by picking out names, figuring out how to fit everything into our tiny apartment & dreaming of how life would be with a new baby.
I went into labor on July 4th. After 8 1/2 hrs of drug-free labor we had a little girl with a head full of black hair! It was the most amazing experience of my life! The excitement of telling everyone of her birth was amplified, since her sex was unknown, by telling everyone...
"IT'S A GIRL!!!!" 
  
It is amazing that this little girl has taught me so much... About life, about myself, about God, about people, about relationships, about patience! The list goes on! Even though Hannah's birth was not perfect timing, God has figured out how to work it into His perfect plan! 
I credit Hannah's birth with coming back to God & church! I wanted to be the best I could be for her! I credit her birth for making it work with her Father & us being happy spouses, not just parents! I wanted her to have the upbringing she deserved! I credit her birth for how I value my relationships, because I have seen friends leave when my life changed.  
I have loved watching her and I grow together! She is so beautiful, funny, smart, generous, spirited & loud! And despite having to grow up fast, I couldn't imagine the last 7 years of my life being without her! With how far I have grown in the last 7 years, I can't even imagine where I will be in the years to come!


We've had a great day of shopping & having lunch! Tonight we're celebrating with dinner at Nana's & then dinner on Thurs at her Grandma's! And then Saturday night will be the big Slumber Party! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment