Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My New Recipe of the Week - London Broil

I was so excited to buy this London Broil on sale for $2.99/lb. at Farm Fresh! This is an affordable way for my family of 6 to eat steak! But now that I bought it... What to do with it??? 
I found this recipe on the Food Network site, but I really wasn't too hopeful that it would be anything great & honestly expected to eat it covered in A1 sauce! We were all pleasantly surprised that it was so yummy & juicy all by itself! 
This is another meal that I will be adding to my recipe stash, because it is super affordable & can easily be made for a few or crowd... Would be a great meal to cook for company! 

Dry Rubbed London Broil 

1 (2lb.) London Broil
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 recipe of Dave's Rub:
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder


Trim the london broil of any fat around the edges.
Coat both sides of meat with olive oil and salt & pepper.
Rub meat with the dry rub mix.
Let sit at room temperature for about 15-20 min.
Turn on grill at low medium-low temp. & sit for about 5-10 min. until evenly heated.
Place on grill for about 5 min. ea. side for med-rare or longer if you prefer less pink.
Remove from heat & let rest about 5-10 min before cutting. This allows the meat to hold in its juices better.




**I doubled the recipe as you can see. And I have a little more than 1/2 leftover. This should be good for sandwiches, or to put in a tortilla or salad. Let me know if you try this recipe. Do you have any other london broil recipes???
Go to the Recipe Page to see all of my new recipes of the week!




Hearth & Soul HopShared with:             

2 comments:

  1. Was this spicy at all? Sounds yummy and looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kelly - No... This wasn't spicy at all! I did use a little bit less chili powder, because I ran out! Lol But the chili powder isn't really spicy... more of a 'heat'.

    ReplyDelete