Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dilon, Dilon, Dilon... Happy Birthday!

So I am now the proud parent of a middle schooler!!! How in the world is this possible??? Who decided this was a good idea? Who thought I was capable of this??? 


Today is Dilon's 11th birthday! And I'm really not too sure if Greg or I... or Dilon for that matter, are ready for this! She is now in a new 'stage of life'. She will now start to have extra privileges and responsibilities! She will no longer be grouped together as 'one of the kids'. This will be very interesting with my control "issues" & my Greg's denial!
(Her 'middle schooler' bday present. The gift of facewash, makeup & shaving your legs!)

Dilon is, as most of you know, my stepdaughter. But that does not make this process any easier! I have been in her life since she was 2yrs old. I can remember her being nothing but smiles & giggles. I can remember seeing her strength & trust as we went through some difficult things in life. I have seen her blossom into a girl who at times is as silly as can be & the next is as cool as a highschooler! 

This next chapter in our life will be an adventure and I am excited to see her continue to grow in a young lady! I know she will make us proud!  


1 comment:

  1. I loved our time with Dilon at Busch Gardens. I love that girl so much! I can't wait to see what this year holds for her. I know God is happy with her sweet heart and attitude. Nana

    ReplyDelete