Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My New Recipe of the Week - Crescent Chicken


 I was so excited about trying this recipe... Simple ingredients I already had, a one pot dish and who doesn't looove Crescent Rolls??? Yum!
Well, this dish sure did not disappoint! There was not one bite of leftovers! This will be another one we add to our meal plan rotation! This is also an easy meal to adapt the portions to feed a small group or a huge crew!
Go here to see a list of all my new recipes I've tried! Let me know if you try anything or if you have any suggestions!



Crescent Chicken:

  • Crescent Rolls package (6 or 8 jumbo count)
  • 2 cups cooked, chopped/shredded chicken
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup 
  • 1 cup milk

Heat soup in medium saucepan using milk according to directions.  

Lay out one crescent roll at a time and place approx 3-4 bite sized pieces of chicken and approx 1Tbsp of cheese in the center of each triangle. 

Gently roll up.

Seal edges by pinching the dough to make sure the filling cannot leak out.

Place all of your rolls in a 9×13 dish and pour soup mixture over top ( salt and pepper as desired).

Bake at 350 for 30 min. until crescents are golden brown.

Suggested to serve with mashed potatoes and your choice of veggies! I served with salad. 


**I did, as always, change this recipe up a little bit. I used 2 cans of crescent rolls (16 rolls), but still only can of soup. I would plan on enough for everyone to have 2-3. If cooking for a smaller crowd, you could always leave some unfilled & cook as normal. To cook my chicken, I used the crockpot. I cooked a little over a pound of chicken, added salt, pepper & an inch of water. Once it was cooked, I gently pulled chunks apart with a fork, but not to the point of shredding. In the future, I will use the crescent rolls that are square shaped or else make them homemade, so I can cut them larger. It will make the folding easier. That was probably the most difficult part, because I wanted to pack as much chicken in as possible.



10 comments:

  1. I do one kind of like this. Using 2 pkgs cresent rolls, 1lb chicken, 1 tub cream cheese chive -n- onion, 2 Tbs butter & cheese -n- garlic croutons. Bake and cube the chicken, add to cream cheese and place 2 Tbs in large end of cresent roll. Roll up and dip top in butter and then into crushed croutons. Bake @ 375 for 12-15 mins......even if you don't like cream cheese try it!!!!

    -Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Janelle - The cream cheese inside sounds like a good addition! I've have to try it next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently found this same recipe and we LOVED it. I've had the cream cheese version and I like the version you have listed here better. Yummy!

    www.momspaycheck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying this tonight Breana! Tim loves crescent rolls so when I saw this recipe, I had to try it!

    Nicole Best

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole - Let me know the verdict! I'm positive he'll love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been making this for a couple of years now. The only difference is I add very finely diced sweet onion and celery to the chicken and I shred my chicken.
    Everyone who has eaten this at my table really loves it and goes home with the recipe.

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make this exactly as Brianna does except instead of milk I use 1 can chicken broth. This can also be doubled or tripled to prepare for company. Absolutely delicious!

    Lexy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I linked to this in my post for a menu plan as I am going to try this on Saturday I have a feeling the kids will love it and it looks SIMPLE.. http://simplyraising8.blogspot.com/2011/11/menu-plan-monday-and-kids-food-ratings.html

    ReplyDelete