Friday, September 2, 2011

Last Day of Summer

 I cannot believe that summer is almost officially over. Where has the time gone??? I guess the saying, "Time flies when you're having fun!" is true! We definitely accomplished our goal of Attempting to Have a Summer on the Go! We did just about everything on the list! So proud of myself! :)

We survived the summer!!! And didn't have any casualties along the way!! Now it's time to get back to learning, a routine, and counting down the days til summer again!


Actually, Fall is my favorite season of all! I love everything about it. The cooler temperatures that make the air feel crisp & fresh. Having the windows open. The leaves changing color. Everything pumpkin. Warm, comfort food for dinner. All good things!

And even though I love the flexibility of summer, I personally thrive on a schedule! I like to plan things out, cross them off the list & feel accomplished at the end of the day. And most importantly, I enjoy my quiet days with my youngest son, while the kids are in school! Don't let this fool you though, I will most likely complain at some point, about waking up early, packing to much into one day, being overwhelmed, etc... You've been warned! 

Last night was my kids Open House. We enjoyed getting to see all the teachers & staff, saying hello to old ones & meeting new ones. The kids were excited to see their friends again and meet the new students in their class. My kids go to a small, Christian school & we just love the feeling of 'home' there. 

One of the exciting parts of this year is that our oldest is going into Middle school. She is moving from the elementary hall to the envied upstairs!!! (Could you hear the angels sing as you read that?) She is so excited to be up there & now she has her own locker! She is also on the cheerleading squad, which I am apparently the coach... That's for another post entirely of itself!

As we move into a new chapter of our lives I look forward to where the road may lead. Time is fleeting... Evidence by how fast your kids are growing! Let that be your motivation to live fully in the present & enjoy every moment! 
 
"Time is what we want most, but... what we use worst."
~William Penn

No comments:

Post a Comment