Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New Recipe of the Week... Taquitos


My family loooves mexican food, so I was pretty sure this would be a hit! And I was 100% right! Not only were these yummy, but also easy, & cheap! Only 2 ingredients... I don't think you can get much more cheap & simple than that! Eating a meatless meal is a great way to cut your budget!

I used Homemade Tortillas and served these with refried beans, sour cream & salsa. Go HERE to see a list of all my new recipes I've tried! Let me know if you try anything or if you have any suggestions!

Taquitos:


  • 12 tortillas (any kind; corn, wheat, etc.)
  • Shredded cheese - cheddar, monterey jack, etc.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. (Let the oven preheat all the way. A high heat is what makes these get crispy & not burn.)

Lay tortillas on baking sheets in a single layer. Depending on your size of baking sheet, you may need to use 2-3 sheets.

Sprinkle cheese on tortillas.

Bake for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is starting to melt and tortillas are softened.

Remove from oven and carefully roll each tortilla up. These are hot so be careful. I used a fork to help fold.

Return to oven and bake for 6-8 minutes or until crisp.


**You could easily make these how ever you want. You could use them as the base for enchiladas or add veggies or cooked rice or beans. I only made 12 for 5 of us eating (excluding my husband) and next time I will probably make enough for everyone to have 3!


Shared with: 

No comments:

Post a Comment