Sunday, October 9, 2011

Being Still UPDATE



So it's been about 10 days since I posted Being Still.... I ended the post talking about how we had just found out that our car needed $2000 worth of work done! *gasp* 

After just a few minutes of fretting and discussion with my husband, we had decided our only choice was to figure out how to be a one car family. It would be difficult for us considering my husband pretty much drives for a living & we would need to figure out how to the get the kids to & from school, but we were willing to make sacrifices & get creative!

But in the end we had decided to Be Still. Now, this was not an easy decision to say the least. It was resisted at first with some slight kicking and screaming! We realized that we were not in control of the situation and since we could not change anything, then why should we waste our time worrying?

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life
~ Matthew 6:27

My husband & I had already planned to go out for a cheap date that night, so we kept our plans, even though we felt a little guilty. But we knew staying home would only lead to more unwanted thinking! So off we went to share a pizza, popcorn & see a free movie! We had a great time!

That night Greg's phone died & the next day he realized that while on our date the mechanic had called and left a message. He said that they found the part we needed for a discount, because it is a used part! The cost will now be a little less than $1,000 total! It is still a lot, but we can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel! 

Funny how timely God's word can be, though! I mean, as Christians we always say the Bible is our "Living Water"... Something we can't live without! But what about when our life is in crisis mode??? When it seems as if there is no way out??? What is the first thing you run to? Your mom? Your best friend? The internet?

It should be your knees! 

11.For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12.Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13.You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14.I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.
~Jeremiah 29:11-14

Verse 11 is quoted often, but in my opinion the rest is really quite powerful! It is full of promises! But they are very specific on how they can be fulfilled... You must seek with ALL your heart! That can be so hard to do in the world we live in today! So many things competing for our attention and time! Even so many good things!!! We must be proactive in making a conscience decision to seek Him with ALL our heart! Then and only then will He be found, DECLARES the Lord! 

We must determine before the crisis comes, and they surely will, that we will constantly be praying and seeking so that we can always find the will of Christ! And don't forget that sometimes His will is to Be Still! :)

Sidenote: Right now, all the car's dashboard lights are on, the speedometer doesn't work, the abs brakes are not working & the power steering is out... Please pray for my husbands safety as he drives the car until it is fixed.


Shared on:
  

1 comment:

  1. I needed this reminder more than I can say. Thank you. I pray your car gets fixed soon, and inexpensively!

    ReplyDelete