Monday, October 17, 2011

Making Your Home a Haven #3




wlw

 So we have 2 weeks down of our Fall Challenge and 3 weeks to go! I hope you are enjoying this challenge! 

I know there are a lot of things going on your life. Fall is always a busy time of year... school, homework, sports, and the holidays are just around the corner! But before you get swept away with all of the stress of wanting a break from the norm of life, I hope you will prepare your home and heart with this Fall Challenge and work on making your Home a Haven!


Week #3 Challenge: 

  • Don't feel that you have to spend money to get organized! Get creative... See some of my solutions HERE! 
 
I think we can all agree that having clutter in our home can become a stress trigger! And let's be honest it does take time to clean up... No matter how many helpful tips & steps we have! But why not take the time NOW to clean up these places before the holidays?!?! 

Before you have company. Before the shopping frenzy starts. Before the baking & craft projects start! Just get it done and out of the way NOW!!! You know you will feel better when you are finished! And this way you can focus on the other things you need to get done! And then after the holidays we'll revisit the idea of decluttering! Lol

I'll be tackling my kids toys, using the decluttering steps, to make room for the new things they will get. And I'll be organizing our garage... while trying not to cry in pity for myself the entire time! I really need to do this before it gets too cold and it will make it easier to get to all our Christmas decorations. But I hate to clean out the garage more than anything!!! But hopefully my lit candle and music playing will keep my attitude positive! :)

Now while you're at it, why not clean up your spiritual clutter??? What are you dealing with that is robbing you of your spiritual peace? Yesterday, our Pastor preached a message on the book of Hebrews. He spoke about how we must have a solid foundation in Christ or else we will always crumble when the storm comes... And they WILL come!

"When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other."
~ Ecclesiastes 7:14

So what is a solid foundation for the "bad times"? Believe in God, be a Christian and everything will be smooth sailing??? Sadly, NO! That is a good start, but there are still things that can hinder us from becoming who God wants us to be:
  1. Guilt - allowing your past to control your future. You can't forget your past, but you can grow from them.
  2. Fear - keeps us from walking in faith
  3. Unforgiveness - causes you to constantly relive the past
  4. Apathy - causes you to be ineffective for Christ
  5. Sin - separates you from a full relationship with God

There is no time like the present to build your foundation. And Christ is faithful to meet your where you are! 

"Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more."
~ Hebrews 10:17 

**What in your house and life needs to be decluttered??? I hope you are willing to ask for forgiveness and then walk in his grace!

Shared on: The Organizing Junkie
  Making your home sing Mondays

2 comments:

  1. I hate clutter and often wonder how I let it build up. I've started getting rid of things because I know there will be more stuff coming:) Cleaning the garage--you go girl! I'm scared of our garage. It's my husband's domain and I hate it. Good point about decluttering spiritually-definitely food for thought. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I have been going through some of my big areas that are out of control. It is a task for sure!

    ReplyDelete