Monday, October 10, 2011

Making Your Home a Haven #2



Have you accepted the Making your Home a Haven Challenge? Have you had your candle burning? I have! And I don't know about you, but I have noticed such a difference in my home! Why? Is it the candle??? No. It is because it has been a great reminder when my emotions or stress want to get the best of me that I am working towards a goal! And praying reminds me that my goal will not be accomplished on my own, but with God's strength! 

I really have been much more patient this week. Although, I haven't been perfect, of course! But because of that candle burning right in front of me, I have found that I quickly correct myself! Have you noticed any change in your home???


To continue with this 30 day challenge... We are going to build on top of last week. Keep your candle burning. Keep praying for peace in your home. And this week add music to your home. Not just any music, but positive, uplifting music!

What that music is may be different for everyone, but I definitely suggest playing Christian music. It can keep your thoughts focused on God and your spirits lifted. Although, our family does love to dance around to Justin Beiber & the girls love doing Taylor Swift concerts! So I'm sure some of that will happen this week, too.

Now while the music is playing this week, let yourself loosen up! Be free. Unwind. Dance with your kids. Dance with your husband! Enjoy your family & let the weight of the world melt away, even if for only a few moments.

Purpose this week with your physical environment and spiritual environment to make your home a haven. Respond peacefully and with patience. Give grace. And do not let others negativity effect you in your mission!


I'd love to know how you've done this past week with the Challenge! Have you announced it to your family? Or left it a quiet secret to yourself?


Shared with:
Making your home sing Mondays

2 comments:

  1. hi Breana

    i really like ur blog and i benefit from it
    im 1year younger then u 25 and i have 1 child less then u hahahah
    but u are a goood woman.althou i am a muslim woman i see that we all alot incomen and offcourse we dont agree in everything
    anyways thumb up

    i would like to contact u if is ok with u and ask u tips and how u do things

    mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona - Thank you for all the compliments! I'm so glad you have found my site helpful! I really appreciate it! You can definitely contact me! Here is my email: breana.corbett@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete