Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Love Like No Other

 I think this picture speaks perfectly to how our modern culture views Love! Love is a magical feeling, it's fireworks and butterflies, it creates perfect harmony, it matters above all else. But if you've ever been in any relationship... whether with a spouse, friend, family, etc. You've quickly realized that is entirely false. 

There is only ONE who can love you with a perfect love that will sustain you through everything, that you can rely on and give your entire self to... God. He will never disappoint.

How many of these verses describe your current relationships?

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
~ I John 4:18

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
~ I Corinthians 13:4-8

Love does no harm to its neighbor. 
~ Romans 13:10

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
~ John 15:13

Most likely, these are a far cry from how you feel in your relationships. We are all human. That is why we must only rely on Christ for our foundation and self worth. People WILL fail you! But Christ never will!  

How would you rate yourself on giving love like this???

Love means doing what God has commanded us, and he has commanded us to love one another.
~II John 1:6 

We are commanded to love... Just as Christ loves us, which is described in some of the above verses. But it is soo difficult! How can we possibly accomplish this???

We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,” yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.
~ I John 4:19-21

It is a tall order, but through Christ it can be done! If we rely on him for our love, then and only then can we give that love to others!


**I suggest picking one of these verses or one of the other many 'love' verses, write it out on a notecard and post it somewhere you will see it through out the day! This type of love does not always come naturally, but it is possible!

Shared with:

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love this post. Thank you for some perspective and a reminder into God's unfailing love for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this - I am moving house soon, and as I will have more wall space I hope to print off many verses to have dotted around the home. Love ones will be happening for sure! bedroom springs to mind, and kitchen! oh, and school room....hmmm...everywhere! Found you through teh blog hop! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you and I agree that the pictures is a good represention of our cultures view of love. Interesting post.

    I am hear from the Blog Bash. Nice to meet you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you ladies enjoyed this post! I know I always need to be reminded that there is ONLY one who can love me perfect and without failing me!

    ReplyDelete