Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Harris Teeter Trip 10/08

Total Sale Value = $30.36
Total Amount Paid = $27.46
SAVED 10% - Not including produce savings

Nothing to special about this trip.... Except for these two adorable blonde children I picked up at a huge discount! :) Mostly just went in for a few essentials. Also, grabbed the Saturday eVic special, some discounted fruit & keebler cookies that were on sale... Probably should have left those, but I couldn't resist. 

Here are the details:

 
Milk Gallon $3.27
 
Fresh Express Salad discounted $0.99
 
Peaches discounted $2.11
 
HT Frozen Chicken Breast 2.5lb. bag BOGO $4.99
 
(6) Ramen Noodle Soup 6/$1.00
 
Tony's Frozen Pizza $1.27
 
Sargento Shredded Cheese BOGO $1.89
 
(3) Green Giant Vegetables 4 pk. eVic Sat. price $1.77 = 3/$5.64
 
(2) Keebler Cookies $1.99 ea.
 - $0.55/2 coupon 
= $1.44 ea.
 
Keebler Mint Cookies $1.99
 - $0.55 coupon
= $0.89
 
Oscar Mayer Lunchmeat $3.50
 - $0.35 coupon
= $2.80

**Now I know that the coupon savings may not be too super impressive over my last few trips, BUT I am still within my budget of $50/week for a family of six!!! That is because all of the other things I'm doing! As I've said before... It is NOT JUST COUPONS THAT SAVE YOU MONEY! It is a combination of different things:
  1. Learn how to be a Smart Shopper - avoid buying things off my list or too much & wasting it
  2. Start Meal Planning - make sure I don't have to run back to the store multiple times throughout the week, which saves me time & money
  3. Start Stockpiling - allows me to save money by buying things I regularly use when on sale instead of when I run out & having to buy at full price
 

No comments:

Post a Comment