Friday, October 7, 2011

New Recipe... Baked Caramel Apples



This is a delicious treat that our family could not get enough of! Right after we ate this whole dish, I made another one right away for later! Yeah... It was that easy & that gooood!

This is similar to an apple pie filling, but the apples are so soft they just melt! I served this with dinner and then for a snack. It could be a desert with cool whip or on top of ice cream! The possibilites are endless with this one!

I hope you enjoy this just as much as we did! Go HERE to see a list of all my new recipes I've tried! Let me know if you try anything or if you have any suggestions!

Baked Caramel Apples:


  • About 8 apples any kind (enough to fill a 9” round baking dish)
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • ¼ cup water
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp flour

Peel and cut apples into quarters or smaller. Place apples in baking dish.

Preheat oven to 350

Put all sauce ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. It will look like it is foaming. This happens fast, so keep an eye on it so it will not overflow. It will thicken and turn into a caramel/gravy texture. 


Cover apples with caramel and stir to coat.

Dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon. 

Cover and bake for 1 hour, stirring at the 30 min mark.


**These will melt in your mouth! Perfect fall dish! I love that you can use any type of apples. I think, I used Honeycrisp & then Fuji. They were ones I bought on sale, because they were slightly bruised. This was a great way to use them, because I could just cut out any bad spots. I seemed to have a lot of sauce leftover, so I made a second batch in the same sauce. And even after that I still had some left, so I put it in the fridge & plan on making some more with the same sauce later. Let me know how you like it!

Shared on:    The Girl Creative

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that does look tasty! I imagine it would be irresistible with some vanilla ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you from Org. Junkie. I have some apples just begging to be made into this. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope both of you ladies enjoy this as much as we did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breana:

    We just tried this recipe fro dinner tonight
    with a pork roast.
    It was amazing. Will definitely make these again.

    Thanks for a great recipe

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise - Mmmm That sounds delicious with pork! I'm so glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete