Monday, November 28, 2011

My Meal Plan 11/28 - 12/04


I'm back!!! I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend! I had a great time filled with family, friends, lots of food and Black Friday Christmas shopping! I did however have a near meltdown when we were all gathering to pray and eat and as my husband is cutting the turkey he realizes it's NOT DONE!!! Talk about a Thanksgiving nightmare! So we had to stick it back in the roaster to cook and put all of the finished sides into the oven to keep warm! I was beyond frustrated, but in the end everything tasted great and now I can laugh about it!

Now that Thanksgiving is over, we have put up our Christmas tree and are slowly putting up the rest of our decorations! Right now our house looks as if we just moved in, with boxes everywhere.

Nothing too eventful happening this week, so I should be able to stick to my meal plan! With the holidays approaching it's easy to ignore "the plan", but it really does simplify the season if I don't have to think about what were eating! And it can simplify the grocery shopping process. I can make sure I minimize my trips and money spent!
Here are the details:



Breakfast: 
bagels, cereal, toast, eggs

Lunch: 
leftovers, pb&j, lunchmeat sandwiches, salad 

Snacks: 
cookies, clementines, crackers, pie

Dinner: 

Monday - Slow-cooked Sticky Chicken w/ mashed potatoes & whole wheat rolls

Tuesday - Quesadillas w/ Homemade Tortillas, corn & chips
 

Wednesday - Grilled Cheese & Tom Soup Church @ 6:30pm

Thursday - Creamy Grilled Chicken Piccata w/ salad & rolls  

Friday - Chili w/ cornbread

Saturday - Overnight Chicken w/  Christmas parade
 

Sunday - Leftovers


**For more meal planning info read this post! What are you having this week??? Have you tried any of my new recipes???


Shared with:
Desiring VirtueStoneGable


3 comments:

  1. Looks great. I pinned your overnight chicken to make later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am totally impressed:) This is perfect:) I am seriously loving your blog! It is so inspirational (well...you are an inspiration) I would love for you to come share this post (and anything else you'd be willing to link up) at Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on Frugally Sustainable (http://frugallysustainable.blogspot.com/2011/11/frugal-days-sustainable-ways-3.html). I really hope that you will put Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on your list of carnivals to visit and link to each Wednesday!

    Warmly,
    Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable
    Here's the link: http://www.frugallysustainable.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara - Thanks for the pin! :)

    Andrea - Thank you for the compliments! I have loved your link up!

    ReplyDelete