This recipe is another Pinterest find! (If you need an invite, let me know.) I have never made lemon chicken before, so I was excited to try this! It turned out great!
This couldn't be any easier with only 4 ingredients and 2 ways to cook it! Also, if you're missing any ingredients (like I was), there are easy substitutes that you most likely already have in your pantry!
I served this with mashed potatoes & steamed peas!
This is another one that I will add to our Meal Plan rotation. I hope you enjoy it, too! Go HERE to see a list of all my new recipes I've tried!
Easy Lemon Chicken:
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1 packet of Italian Seasonings Salad Dressing Mix (or substitute below)
- 1-2 Lemons (or substitute below)
- 2lbs. Chicken Tenders or Breasts
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan.- Add the chicken.
- Sprinkle the dressing mix over the chicken.
- Drizzle lemon juice over.
- Cook until tender... About 15-20 min.
Start with the lid off & don't flip chicken until the meat has had time to brown up some. Then flip & put on the lid. Make sure not to cook too long or it will be dried out.
Serve with extra sauce drizzled over.
- Put butter in bottom of crock pot.
- Lay chicken in pot.
- Sprinkle dressing over chicken.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Cook: Cook on Hi 4-5 hours or Low – 6-8 hours
**Italian Dressing substitute - this doesn't have to be exact, just sprinkle a little of what you have into a bowl & mix together before pouring over chicken. I covered the chicken & still had some leftover.
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons salt
**Lemon Juice substitute - white vinegar... use about 2 tbsp for this recipe. Always use 1/2 the amount of vinegar as lemon juice needed.
Cooking isn't a science... If you're missing an ingredient don't be afraid to substitute or just eliminate it all together!
Shared with: diyhshp.blogspot.com/