Friday, November 4, 2011

New Recipe... Overnight Chicken



The second I found this recipe, I just knew it would be delicious AND easy! I think that's the best combination when it comes to feeding your family! (Maybe healthy should be important, too, but lets face it, taste & quickness overrule in our home!)

This is a 5 ingredient overnight marinade (hence the name). So, while your making one dinner, you can throw this together for the next night. I suggest marinading it in the dish you will cook it in... You could marinade it in a baggie, but doing it in a dish allows you to take it directly from the fridge to the oven! Throw some simple sides together (bread, veggie, salad, applesauce) and dinner is ready!

I will definitely be making this recipe again! This chicken was so yummy there weren't even any leftovers! Not even one child complained! WINNER! 

This is another one that I will add to our Meal Plan rotation. I hope you enjoy it, too! Go HERE to see a list of all my new recipes I've tried!


Overnight Chicken:



  

1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon curry powder
4 Tablespoons soy sauce
4 chicken breasts


In a small bowl, mix all of the marinade ingredients together.


Put chicken in baking dish & pour over marinade. Make sure each piece is completely covered. Cover with foil & keep in refrigerator overnight.


The next day... Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 1 hour with foil. Baste chicken. Bake for another 15 minutes uncovered.



 **This is an easy recipe to double... That's what I did. And I had enough sauce/marinade leftover that I put it in a container to use another time! Also I didn't have any dijion mustard, so I used THIS substitute & I didn't have any white wine so I substituted chicken stock! If you're missing an ingredient always look for a substitute!

This recipe would also be a great one to freeze for another time. Next time, I will probably do 2... one to eat & one to freeze! The leftovers would also be great for a salad! Enjoy!!!

Shared with:







The Girl Creative Hearth & Soul Hop
Tip Junkie handmade projects

7 comments:

  1. I love finding new easy recipes to switch up my meat recipes. Sometimes it's like we have the same thing again and again. Thanks for the recipe!

    BTW I’ve got a recipe linkup going on! (Blog.TheSingingSparrow.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know the recipe is so good. I think I'll save the recipe to try sometimes.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  3. BetterYum - Glad you found it! Definitely worth trying! Let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy and so testy you cook. I have 't enough words to say about this delicious dish. Can 't wait to make one for my today 's lunch. Hope my family will like some different test.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow - this looks DELISH!
    blessings
    http://bit.ly/vcvDaA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chicken recipe sound great. I love easy recipes! Thank you for sharing the recipe with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete