Thanksgiving is quickly approaching and in case you are in need of a last minute turkey recipe, this is the one to try! And after the recipe, I've added some turkey tips!
This is the recipe I used last year and it was a hit! Everyone said it was the best turkey they've ever had!
Turkey Recipe (video tutorial)
- 15 lb. turkey
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cup dry white wine
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine the garlic, mustard, herbs, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice to make a paste.
Loosen the skin from the meat gently with your fingers and smear half of the paste directly on the meat. Spread the remaining paste evenly on the skin.
Stuff turkey if desired.
Pour the wine into the bottom of the roasting pan.
Roast the turkey for 3 1/2 - 4 hours, until the skin is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest and meatiest areas of the breast.
If the skin is over-browning, cover the breast loosely with aluminum foil. When the turkey is done, cover with foil and allow it to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Slice and serve with the pan juices spooned over the turkey.
Here are a few tips for a perfect turkey:
- This recipe or any other one that calls for fresh herbs can be substituted for dried.
- If you're missing any ingredients look HERE for a substitute!
- Depending on your turkey size you may need to half or double the recipe. But also remember that this isn't a science. So sprinkle til your hearts desire.
- I cook my turkey with the breast down (considered upsidedown) this allows the all the meat to soak up the juices!
- To find out how long to cook your turkey use THIS calculator.
- Test in several places, when checking cooked temperature.
- If you have procrastinated in buying or thawing your turkey don't worry... You can thaw it in cold water in just a day! Go HERE to find the calculations!
**What are you're best turkey tips???