Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Homemade Crock Pot Applesauce




This was delicious! Waaay better tasting than store bought! And of course healthier, because you control the sugar & preservatives content. 

With only 3 ingredients and just a little bit of time this can't be beat! Plus your home smells amazing while it cooks! It looks gourmet and tedious, but of course if I make it, it's not!

This would be a great side dish to bring to a potluck or to serve for company!

Even ALL my kids loved it and had multiple servings!

Go HERE to see a list of all my new recipes I've tried! Let me know if you try anything or if you have any suggestions!





  • Apples - of any kind (I used Rome)
  • Water - about 1/4 for every 4 apples
  • Cinnamon - optional


Core, peel, and slice apples... I used my apple slicer/corer which cuts them into 8 pieces. And then I cut those in half.



Dump into crockpot. Sprinkle some cinnamon over top. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours... Until soft. Stirring about every 1-2 hours.



If you'd like, you could add sugar and puree when finished. Ours looked lumpy, but didn't feel lumpy!

(There was way more, but I forgot to take a picture we had already dug in!)


Shared with:

Frugally Sustainable 

3 comments:

  1. I make apple butter like that, just cooking it way longer and not adding any water (plus I like a little cocoa powder in my apple butter).

    You should see if you can find an apple peeler/slicer/corer if you do much cooking with apples. Its a nifty little gadget that hooks onto the edge of the table or counter and peels, slices, and cores apples all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I will try it for sure.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose - Let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete