Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Farm Fresh Trip 12/07

Total Price = $84.61
Total Paid = $37.09
SAVED 73%

I would say that this trip is the best large trip that I've done in awhile! I got a lot of things that were either needed now or were a great stockpile price! I did 2 transactions so that I could use my FREE milk & $5.00 coupon!
I have decided that this month I am going to double my grocery budget... Which will make it $400 for this month! I am going to Mexico the first week of January for a church missions trip... This is my 2nd time going. And after last year's experience I realized a few things to do in preparation. First, I need to leave ready to make freezer meals for my husband. And I need to have enough food that we won't be wiped clean when I get home. I had an extremely difficult time last year trying to adjust back with the time difference. The last thing I will want to do is grocery shop when I come home!
Just wanted to keep my readers in the loop, in case you notice I go over my normal budget!


Here are my trip details:
  
Transaction #1 -

(2) Apple Cinnamon Cheerios $2.99 ea.
 Golden Grahams $2.99 
Honey Nut Cheerios $2.99

- (2) $1.00/2 GM cereal

= $7.96 for all 4 cereals 
+ FREE milk coupon wyb 4 GM cereals

(2) Cottonelle TP 12-pk $5.99 ea.
 - $0.75 print = $4.49 ea.
Kleenex Cool Touch $1.25
 - $0.40 coupon = $0.45
(2) Kleenex $1.25 ea.

=  $11.93 for all 5 items
+ $5.00 Catalina coupon 

FINAL = $20.83 
+ $5.00 Catalina coupon
+ FREE milk coupon wyb 4 GM cereals


Transaction #2 -

(2) Domino Sugar 5lb. bag $2.99 ea.
 - $0.75/2 print = $2.24 ea.

(10) Campbell's Tom. Soup $0.50 ea.
 - (2) $1.00/5 print = $1.00/10
+ $2.00 Catalina coupon = $1.00 MONEYMAKER!!! 

(2) Prego Sauce $1.50 ea.
 - $0.75/2 coupon = 2/$1.50 

Farm Fresh Milk Gallon $3.99
 - $4.50 FREE milk coupon from 1st purchase = $0.50 MONEYMAKER!!! 

Land O Lakes Margarine Sticks $0.99
 - $0.50 coupon = FREE 

(2) Yoplait Kids Dora Yogurt 4-pk. $2.29 ea.
 - $0.50 ea. sticker store coupon
 - $0.75/2 sticker man. coupon
= 2/$2.08

Gillette Aftershave $2.69

Instant Save Promo $5/10 items or $0.50 ea.
(2) Hunt's Diced tomato $1.25 ea.
 - $0.40/2 print = $0.70

(2) Nestle Morsels $2.49 ea.
 - $0.50 print = $1.98/2

(2) Pam Spray $2.49 ea.
 - $1.00/2 coupon = $1.98/2

(2) Healthy Choice Steamers $2.99 ea.
 - $1.00 print = $0.99/2

(2) Reddi-Whip Whip Cream $2.99 ea.
 - $1.00/2 coupon = 2/$2.98

- $5.00 Catalina coupon from 1st purchase

FINAL = $16.26
+ $2.00 Catalina coupon


**How has your shopping been since the holidays are approaching??? Are you sticking to your budget? 

  
Shared with: 

6 comments:

  1. Man, I went shopping today just to pick up a couple of essentials like milk and the store was packed and crazy, which was very strange for a Wednesday in the middle of the day. But I got my needed stuff and a few quick meal items that will come in handy with the busy work schedule leading up to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am staying in my budget, but not getting great deals. I just wanted to go to one store this week. I am buying ahead for Christmas meals with the extra money budgeted. My biggest savings are from cooking from scratch and gardening and freezing the surplus to use through the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey? what is a catalina coupon? and which coupon sites do you primarily use? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura - A Catalina coupon is the coupons that print from the register with your receipt. Just like the ones you get at Target, too. The machine is called a "Catalina machine" so that's where the name comes from... Also called a CAT coupon.

    I primarily use the site that is listed on my side bar. But I also randomly find other coupons. I post most of those with the matchups on the store pages. So if you want to find some of what I used you can either search the brand name in the coupon database or you can look at the Farm Fresh page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spendwise Mom - I am attempting to bake/make from scratch more to increase my savings. I've realized it's really not that difficult, it just takes planning ahead. And then there's most cleanup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great savings this week. I feel my kitchen is never clean. I use it three or more times a day and always cleaning. But I am making most of my things from scratch.

    ReplyDelete