Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Trip to Farm Fresh & Harris Teeter 12/20

TOTAL = $65.28
TOTAL PAID = $41.74
SAVED 37%
 *I actually saved more... Read below to see*

**If this doesn't make you a believer than I don't know what will... I ran in each store with ALL 4 children, just looked at the meat, produce & dairy products! I was in & out in less than 30 minutes! And I only used ONE coupon that was already in the store! Get rid of your excuses & get to savin people!!!**

So today I went out shopping on a mission! As I've said before, I'm doubling my budget this year to $400/month. This is because on January 3rd I will be gone for a 9 days on a missions trip to Mexico! My husband will be left to hold down the fort! This is my 2nd year going, but last year they survived by my mother's help (who will be with me this year), a lot of fast food and take out! :)

This year in order to ensure they're eating healthy and saving money while I'm gone, I want to make sure my house is stocked with food so he will never have to go shopping! Also, when I come back I don't want to have to go the grocery store right away! I am also going to attempt to make a few freezer meals, so that he won't really have to cook!

All that to explain why my items are so random! I was looking for discounted meat! I was semi successful... But I really lucked out at Harris Teeter with the produce! All the apples were discounted so, they were about $0.73/lb. AND were organic! (Pretty sure this will be made into Homemade Crock Pot Applesauce & Baked Caramel Apples!) Also, for the salads, they were $0.99 ea. and I had a $1.00/2 coupon! ALWAYS check the "bad" produce before you buy the pretty stuff!


Here's the details:


Farm Fresh:
(2) FF Bread $0.99 ea.
FF Large Eggs dozen $2.19

Thin Loin Chops $7.34
 - $4.00 discount coupon = $3.34

Perdue Oven Roaster $0.99/lb. = $7.59

*AND I had a $2.00 off any order CAT coupon from my last trip!*

TOTAL = $11.48


Harris Teeter:

Peter Pan PB $2.00
*PB has been expensive b/c of the weather, sales & coupons are scare... So I thought this was a decent price!*

HT Kidney Beans $0.67

(2) HT Tomato Sauce $1.25 ea.

(2) HT Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts BOGO $2.49/lb. 
 = $5.34
 = $5.49

(2) HT Milk Gallon = $2.97 ea.

Mushrooms = $0.99

(2) Fresh Express Salad Bag = $0.99 ea.
 - $1.00/2 coupon from aisle = $0.99/2
*One was a caesar salad kit!*

7.62 lbs. of ORGANIC = $5.59


*I plan to go to Farm Fresh again tomorrow, to use a few $1.00 coupons!*


Shared with:

No comments:

Post a Comment