Monday, December 19, 2011

My TWO WEEK Meal Plan 12/19 - 01/01



Yes! The title is correct... This is my meal plan for 2 weeks!!! The week after Christmas will be filled with travels, spending time with family and me packing for a missions trip to Mexico! Yikes! (But that's for another post!) I know if I don't plan now, we will be eating PB&J & fast food! So I'm being diligent NOW... So I don't have to worry about it later!

It's really not that hard to plan for more than a week. You just write out the calendar, fill in some meals, try to vary and alternate different meats & types of food. This actually makes shopping easier, because you can write down everything you need and then when it's on sale, you can buy it! Or if something else is on sale, buy that and just swap out a meal. Remember the meal plan is for simplicity and saving money... It's not set in stone and it's not meant to be complicated.

I cannot even believe Christmas is almost here! I only have a few more things to buy AND I might want to start thinking about wrapping, right!?! I feel very behind this Christmas, normally I have all my shopping and wrapping done in November! But somehow despite being on a time crunch, I haven't panicked... Yet that is!

Here are the details:



Breakfasts:
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Muffins, Pumpkin Muffins, eggs, Make Ahead Egg Sandwiches, toast, cereal, waffles, cinnamon rolls (Christmas morning)



Lunch:
Leftovers, lunchmeat sandwiches, pb&j, baked potatoes

Snacks:
fruit, pretzels, Christmas cookies
Dinner:
Week #1:


Tuesday - Doritos Taco Salad 

Wednesday - OUT 

Thursday - Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Christmas Eve Dinner at my Mom's House
Sunday - Christmas Ham Dinner

Week #2:

Monday - Dinner with family

Tuesday - OUT

Wednesday - Whole Chicken in a Crock-pot w/ potatoes, salad & bread

Thursday - BBQ Chicken Sandwiches w/ meat from leftover chicken & broccoli w/ cheese

Friday - Quesadillas w/ Homemade Tortillas



Saturday - New Year's Eve Party

Sunday - Leftovers


*How are you planning for Christmas??? Have you made any adjustments to your meal planning?

Shared with:
Making your home sing Mondays

1 comment:

  1. Sad to say, working retail this week means I am probably going to be eating a lot of ready-made type stuff that I can just buy, put in the freezer, and heat up in a few minutes. If I had planned ahead for how busy I will be this week, I would have made up some big batches of spaghetti and other easy freezer meals.

    ReplyDelete