Friday, December 23, 2011

Waffle Recipe - Freezer or Fresh



A few weeks ago I decided my kids "needed" to have a homemade waffle breakfast.... Isn't there some type of unwritten law that if you're a stay at home mom you're supossed to get up early in the morning and have hot fresh waffles on the kitchen table with butter & warm maple syrup???

My Grandmother happened to have a waffle iron that she didn't use anymore and said I could have. So one morning, I woke up early, and started making waffles... It was a complete disaster! I have never made waffles before and therefore had no clue what the normal batter ingredients were or what the consistency should be. The recipe was so complicated. Something about "whipping egg whites into peaks and folding them into the batter"..... Whatever that means! The batter was so runny that the moment I shut the waffle iron it would come pouring out all over my counter!!!

Needless to say, it was not quite the "Leave It To Beaver" moment I had imagined!

Since then, I have found a simple recipe and the post lets you put in the amount you want to make and it will convert the recipe for you!!! (I normally make triple.)

Also, you can make these, freeze them, store them in freezer baggies and then pop them in the toaster when you want one!!!

Genius! Yummy! Cheaper than boxed! And you look like the world's best Mom!!!





  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 3/4 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

*Serves 6*
Preheat waffle iron. 

Beat eggs in large bowl with whisk. 

Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth. (Very similar to pancake batter. Kinda thick, a little lumpy & bubbly.)

Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. 

Pour mix onto hot waffle iron.

Cook until golden brown. 

Serve hot OR let cool and freeze in baggies & reheat in toaster.  



*I tripled to recipe to make sure that I had enough for the freezer. I made them all at one time while sipping coffee and mopping the kitchen floor. This will also make a great Christmas breakfast!*


Shared with: 

Frugally Substainable

No comments:

Post a Comment