Friday, January 27, 2012

A Bittersweet Moment

Yesterday, I received the news that my Grandmother has passed. After a long battle with cancer, she came down with pneumonia which quickly effected the rest of her health.



She is one of the greatest women I have had the privilege of knowing. She has spent her entire life showing others Christ's unconditional love. She was definitely the wife, mother, grandmother & so much more that God called her to be. She persevered through so many unfair obstacles in life and never became bitter. She was incredibly generous. And it was no secret that she loved her family more than anything!

She is my "Step" Grandmother, but you would have never known. I didn't meet her until I was about 6 or 7 and she accepted me as family from that very moment. Whenever we visited she always made me feel like I belonged, like I was just another one of the Grandkids.  

When she would visit us she made me feel so special. She was deaf and she had the patience to sit with me, for what seemed like hours, to help me learn sign-language. Instead of avoiding conversations with me, she would not give up on me until I understood what she was trying to tell me. No matter how frustrated I would get. Even when I would beg my Dad to just tell me, she would insist that I figure it out. She wanted to be able to communicate & have a relationship with me!

She never let her deafness hold her back!

I can remember going to Walmart with her and we couldn't find something, so she walked up to one of the workers, took their clipboard & pen out of her hand and started writing down what she wanted. :)

It doesn't make sense as to why a great woman like this had to leave the earth! I could think of a thousand others than are more deserving...

But I am so thankful that she was a Christian. Because I have such a peace knowing that she is in heaven with her Lord and that I WILL see her again! In heaven she is being treated like the queen she is and her body is made whole.  

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

She can hear with her own ears the Lord's voice & the angels singing! Can you even imagine???



And one day I will join with her!


*~* Love you Grandma A *~*


*I wish more than anything I could be there in Illinois for her funeral. I can't seem to find a free flight coupon! :) But my thoughts & prayers are with my Mom, Dad, siblings & the rest of my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment