- Finding Fulfillment in Being "JUST" a Mom
- Letting Go of Expectations
- Learn to Say "No"
- Making Time for Me!
Bottom line is this... You will at some point ignore these things! You will neglect yourself, feel guilty for not being able to rise up to your own expectations & then you will end up feeling unfulfilled.
It's only a matter of time!
You will have days when you feel you can't get out of bed, get dressed or find the motivation to do any of your responsibilities. You may feel sad or overwhelmed. You may feel like you're burnt out. You might feel hopeless for any change in your life and like this "season" will always be...
It often happens as a cause of "triggers" from these different periods of your life:
- Financial burdens
- Over-scheduled life
- New pregnancy/baby - postpartum
- Strong-willed children - not the child's fault, just causes extra stress & attention
- Marriage problems
- Not having a regular sex life - yep I just said that :)
- Cold, dark weather - SAD
- Depression - you don't have to want to commit suicide, it could be other emotions
- Anxiety - it doesn't always present itself as panicking
- Thryroid Problems
- Moving away from family or friends
- Loved ones passing
- Adrenal Fatigue
Chances are you will go through at least one of these! Depending on how you handle them you may be in need of skipping the other "steps" we've talked about this week and start with recovering! Then you can go on to the other things.
So if you are already there what can you do to start your recovery???
- If it is anything medical, you need to see a professional.
- Seek God in your recovery... It is through Him alone that you will find yourself again
- Reach out to people - your spouse, your family, your friends, your church; be honest with them about where you are in your life & ask them for support; plus, this way until you learn to say no, hopefully you either won't be asked to do anything extra or your support can remind you to say no
- Rid your life of anything unnecessary - any volunteer positions, any chores or cooking that could be done by your children or spouse, etc.
- Make sure you are getting adequate sleep
- Begin eating healthy
- Be active
- Start making time for yourself
Know that if you are suffering from any of these issues it does not mean you are weak... It means you are human and you are relying on yourself! There is light at the end of the tunnel and you can recover
I encourage you to look into some of these medical issues if you are experiencing any problems that you feel you cannot rise above.
**Do you find yourself relating with this article? Have you ever been to place where you needed to recover? Do you have any other tips? I truly believe that by coming together & sharing with each other we will help others... You can even comment Anonymously.
Sorry this was late... My Grandmother passed away & I was a little busy trying to make arrangements yesterday!