I know that some of you may be reading this thinking, "Great idea! But how?" or maybe your wanting to yell at me, "Of course I want to have time for myself! Who doesn't? But there is no time!"
When we neglect our own needs we normally tend to take that out on the people we love the most. The very people that we are filling up our time with are the ones that will end up suffering. When our stress level goes up, our patience goes down.
How many times have you locked yourself in the bathroom or bedroom just to keep from losing it?!?
Now sadly, just because you take time for yourself doesn't mean that this will never happen again, but we can't run ourselves on empty and expect to be capable of keeping it all together... Especially if you haven't learned to say no, yet.
Now that I have you shaking your head in agreement that you need to take care of you... How do we make that happen?
The biggest reasons we neglect ourselves is because we're on a time, money & energy constraint. So here's a few ideas to get your started that are FREE and you won't need a babysitter:
First, put the kids to bed early and do something alone!
- Read a book
- Sit in silence and enjoy a hot drink.
- Watch your show off the DVR
- Eat a sweet snack
- Catch up on all those blogs you love, but never have time to read
- Take a bath - I did this the other night for the 1st time in forever. I lit a candle, poured some bubble bath, drank some hot tea & read a book. It was amazing!
- Call your friend you never have time for
- Have a night of no cleaning, laundry or chores
What do you do to give yourself a break???