Thursday, January 12, 2012

My New Year's Resolution

I'm finally home and trying to get back to normal! It is quite hard... between getting used to the time change & trying to carry out all my regular responsibilities.

My time away was much needed and felt great! I missed my husband and kids terribly, but coming home is still bittersweet. In Mexico I have no responsibilities. I have one simple focus every day. And I knew everyday, without a doubt, that I was doing what God had called me to do.

But coming home and being a stay at home mom & wife is completely different. How can I carry out God's call for my life in the daily routine? How can I feel the same fulfillment at home? How can I bring what I experienced in Mexico at home?

Of course, there are definitely ways that I can serve others more as a way to show Christ's love.

But really for it to become my daily fulfillment of my calling, it has to be a change in my mindset and thinking.

What about the simple everyday activities??? How I can getting the kids ready for school and making dinner have anything to do with fulfilling Christ's call for my life?

The answer???

~ II John 2:6
"Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did."

I need to start by mirroring Christ's character. When I'm rushing around to get the kids out the door, I need to have patience. When my children are fighting, I need to respond in love. When my husband is stressed out from working, I need to be encouraging.

This video definitely describes it better than I ever could.






**So how will you respond??? What is one character of Christ that you can choose to exemplify today???


 Shared with:
Making your home sing Mondays

1 comment:

  1. Love that video from Francis Chan, great blog :)

    ReplyDelete