Thursday, January 19, 2012

Super Woman Series

So you may have noticed that this month I have been a little slow in posting new info. I feel like it has been one thing after the other. Between the holidays coming & going, traveling to Mexico for a mission's trip, trying to adjust back to the time change & now getting sick... I feel I just can't find the time or motivation to do anything, much less write a blog post.



Being in this "state" has made me realize a few things. I am not Super Woman!

This was actually a really hard truth to come to. I'm hoping somebody can relate to this otherwise, this is going to sound dumb!

This past month I've had legitimate reasons for not fulfilling all my responsibilities.

Everyone needs a break sometimes!!! Right?

So why is it so hard for some of us??? I don't think relaxing is supposed to be hard work!?!

I don't know about you, but the whole time I'm "relaxing" I feel an incredible sense of guilt!!!

I feel guilt for being tired, for being too sick to cook, for not feeling well enough to make it to my daughter's cheerleading game tonight. I almost feel depressed that I'm not keeping up with all my household responsibilities. I feel slightly humiliated that I've had to ask my husband to finish making dinner for me! I feel ashamed for staying in my pj's all day because I'm sick. I even feel bad that I haven't blogged more.

I shouldn't have to constantly justify to myself that I'm not just being lazy & that I really can't keep up right now!

What's wrong with me???

 With all this extra time, I've have had a lot of time to self reflect & read. Which has inspired a series for next week!

The Super Woman Series



Here's some of the topics we'll be talking about:
  1. Finding Fulfillment in Being "JUST" a Mom
  2. Letting Go of Expectations
  3. Learn to Say "No"
  4. Making Time for Me!
  5. How to Recover

I'm really looking forward to getting your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment