Friday, February 10, 2012

A Daily Reminder

I don't know where you are in your life... Maybe every day is a struggle. Maybe you cannot move beyond your past. Maybe you are paralyzed by fear of the future. Maybe your marriage is failing and your kids are rebelling. Maybe you just might scream if you have to change one more diaper or wash one more dish!

Or maybe things are just perfect. Everything seems to be going just as planned. And you're constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.

We all go through seasons in our life. Some are hard and some are easy. But the one thing I know to be true is that in the hard times is when I feel the closest to the Lord.

The thing I find the most amazing is that my closeness to Him has nothing to do with Him and everything to do with me!

~ Hebrews 13:5b
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.

When I feel distant or seperated from Christ, it is of my own doing. I stop seeking Him with my whole heart. I start feeling like I don't need Him as much.


~ John 15:4
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I need a daily reminder that He is always with me! Through the easy AND hard times! When I'm calling on Him constantly and when I get lost in my own thoughts! And even when I think I can handle things on my own... I will never be truly successful and at peace without Him and His guidance!



No comments:

Post a Comment