Monday, February 6, 2012

My Meal Plan 02/06 - 02/12


Starting this week I'm trying to feed my kids healthier! I don't feel they eat too terribly now. So I'm really just making a few small changes. Like whole wheat breads, less processed snacks & less sugar overall. Now I'm not going to extreme. I don't want to set the bar to high end up getting discouraged & quit!

Now I know that some people decide against healthier options because of money. But I want to encourage you that it is still possible to stick to a low budget AND eat healthy! Check out My Harris Teeter Trip to see my cost for the week!

I have read a few studies that talk about the effect that a child's diet can have on their behavior. And in a desperate attempt to curb some behaviors, I thought this would be a great place to start. I want to make sure I'm setting my children up for success!

Do you have any suggestions for kid friendly healthy meals???

Here are the details:



Breakfast:
Toast, Cereal, Eggs, Pop Tarts, Banana Muffins

Lunch:
Lunchmeat Sandwiches, PB&J, Baked Potatoes, Leftovers

Snacks:
Apples, Carrots, Peanuts, Almonds, All-Natural Potato Chips (made with ingredients you can read), hard-boiled eggs,

Dinner:

Monday - Asian Chicken w/ Brown Rice & frozen vegetable

Tuesday - Tacos w/ Homemade Tortillas & corn



Wednesday - Crock-pot Chili w/ Cornbread Church @ 6:30pm           

Thursday - Crescent Chicken w/ salad



Friday - Ham w/ potatoes, rolls, and vegetables

Saturday - Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup

Sunday - Leftovers

3 comments:

  1. Love the menu will have to try the homemade tortillas next week in our menu. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade tortillas are sooo much better than store bought. Warning though... Once I made them, I've never bought them again. :)

    Unfortunately our week got crazy, so we didn't get to have them. This week.

    ReplyDelete