Monday, April 2, 2012

My Meal Plan 04/02 - 04/08


This past week seemed to be mostly stress free. Which is surprising considering I babysat 2 babies this week, my husband traveled for work and we had 4 practices & 2 games within 4 days. We did end the week with a double date at Yard House with our best friends. It was a great time away with our friends and no children!

This week won't be any less chaotic, especially with Easter this week and then Spring Break next week! Ah! Hopefully I'll find the time to dye our Easter eggs and run to the store to fill the baskets!

 I made another larger shopping trip this Saturday to Harris Teeter. I spent $107. I wasn't planning on spending that much this week, but there were some great deals on stock up items, like lysol wipes, laundry detergent, coffee, flour and tons of chicken! I may go back an get more chicken... It was only $1.66/lb. I have never found chicken breasts this cheap before. And I got an extra $4.00 off when I bought the 4 pasta sauces. Making it just over $1.00 a pound! I may go back and get more.

I still have just under $100 for the month in my grocery budget. We'll see how that goes. My goal is to try to fill up the freezer with ready made meals. I'm going to start a new Once a Month Series this month. I'm going to post them every Friday. 
Here are the topics:
  • Once a Month Meal Planning
  • Once a Month Shopping
  • Once a Month Cooking
  • Once a Month Benefits

I hope you'll come back to join me and share your thoughts and advice!

Here are the details:



Breakfast:







Lunch:
Lunchmeat Sandwiches, PB&J and Leftovers

Snacks:
Hard-boiled Eggs, Cheeze Its, Apples, Oranges

Dinner:

Monday - Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken w/ Steamed Broccoli

Tuesday - Grilled BBQ Pork Chops w/ Scalloped Potatoes
Practice @ 5pm

Wednesday - Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken w/ Brown Rice
Church @ 6:30pm

Thursday - Eat at the baseball field
Games @ 5:30pm

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Enchilada Rice w/ Corn

Sunday - Not sure of our plans yet...
Easter Sunday

*What's on your menu this week???

No comments:

Post a Comment