Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Break Meal Plan


Spring Break has finally arrived! And already this morning I was woke up at 7am by kids arguing! Gotta love it! Please tell me why on school days I have to wake my kids up at 7:15/7:30am, but when they have nothing to do they have no problem getting up on their own! Gr...

Either way, we're up and enjoying our day off. Kids are watching a movie from their Easter basket, my husband is working from home & I'm trying to catch up on school work. Sound fun???

My husband asked me to make him breakfast this morning and I said, "Oh! I'm on Spring Break!" He said, "From what? Being a wife and mom, too?" "Hey if it works, then YES!"

Yesterday, we enjoyed a family filled day of Easter celebrations! With the busy week before, it ended up being very thrown together, but nevertheless it was great! Saturday night I didn't get to Target to shop for Easter basket fillers until 9:45pm. The second after I walk in, they come over the loud speak and say, "Attention Target shoppers, We'll be closing in 15 minutes!" AHHHHH!!!! Let the panic begin! I literally raced around Target like a maniac! It was great! I'm sure it was quite entertaining for the staff. I heard one lady yelling, "Why do we even care???" Lol 

Despite it all I was able to get some great stuff that made all the kids were happy!

I'm writing out our meal plan for the week, knowing full and well that it will most likely be useless. I know that we will be doing spur of the moment activities. I'm not going to stress about it too much, but I'm still putting one into place, just so I have something to reference when needed.
Be sure to check out the Once a Month Series... Last week we started with Once a Month Meal Planning! This week I'm writing about Once a Month Shopping!

Here's our details:


Breakfast:
Bagels, Cereal, Toast, Cream of Wheat, Eggs

Lunch:
Lunchmeat Sandwiches, PB&J, Grilled Cheese, Leftover Homemade Pizza

Snacks:
Cheese, Cookies, fruit

Dinner:

Monday - Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken w/ Brown Rice

Tuesday - Out to dinner with friends

Wednesday - Out to dinner with church volunteers

Thursday - Enchilada Rice w/ corn

Friday - Quesadillas

Saturday - Chicken Alfredo w/ Bread

Sunday - Leftovers


Shared with:
Making your home sing Mondays

No comments:

Post a Comment