Monday, May 14, 2012

My Meal Plan 05/14 - 05/20


Well I hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day Weekend! I hope you were spoiled rotten and loved on your own Mother's! I had a great day!

My day was started by my 7 year old bringing me breakfast in bed! She made it all by herself! Super sweet coffee, burnt peanut butter toast, cereal w/ milk (that I question where she got because I thought we were out), and decorated with blueberries straight out of the container! :)


Then we went to church, which Isaac insisted he needed to be "dressed up" for... With his tucked in shirt, belt and tie! Gotta love a fashionable man! I think he gets it from his Dad!


After church we all went to the grocery store to pick up what my husband was cooking for dinner! The bill was high, but it was the price I was willing to pay for a meal I didn't have to cook or clean up! When we got home, I was served lunch and the kids cleaned up the house! Then I got to open up my present... According to Isaac they got me a "chandelier"! :)


After that I met a friend for coffee! That was a great treat! It was a gorgeous day and we just sat outside and enjoyed the weather and getting to talk without interruptions from our kids or husbands! Lol 

My Mom, brother and sister came over for dinner and she brought dessert! It was delish! My husband did a great job and managed to not stress out too much! The girls played in their room, Greg played ball with the boys and my Mom and I got to sit and chat alone some! It was really a great day!

It was the perfect day after a Saturday of 12 hours of baseball! We had 4 games! Thankfully it was great weather! When I met my husband, baseball was his favorite sport and my most hated sport! I couldn't even stand to watch it! I thought it was sooo boring! Never would I have thought that I would enjoy spending my days out at the baseball field! I have come to love the game and even learned some things too! :)



My Meal Plan last week was a blur! We were so busy I don't even know what we ate to be honest! I know Tuesday we ended up going by Chic-fil-a for their Kids Eat Free night after a late game! The 6 of us ate for $20!!! That's a steal! I didn't even know it existed!

I also found a new series over at Money Making Mom that inspired me this week! She is doing one thing a day to stock in her freezer! There are a lot of things you can do in a few minutes! 

Here's what I did this week:
  • Cooked the Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot - we did eat it for dinner one night, but I'm going to use the leftover meat today for burritos. I think I'm going to try to cook another one this week. we'll see how that goes!
  • Homemade Tortillas - for the burritos and extras for the freezer
  • PB&J Sandwiches - this is genius! I made about 10 sandwiches in 10 minutes! Great to grab when your running late in the morning, don't have time to make lunch, or realize last minute you'll be out for lunch! 
  • Homemade Granola - Not for the freezer, but for the pantry 
  • Greek Chicken baggie

 Here's the details for this week:



Breakfast:
Cereal, Eggs, Toast,

Lunch:
PB&J, Lunchmeat Sandwiches, Leftovers

Snack:
Homemade Granola, Hard-Boiled Eggs, Donuts, Homemade Cookies

Dinner:

Monday - Spaghetti w/ Salad
*Game @ 5:30pm

Tuesday - Steak Fajitas
*Practice @ 5pm

Wednesday - Freezer Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wraps On-The-Go (Will heat, wrap in foil & eat at the game)
*Game @ 6pm

Thursday - Freezer Chicken Burritos (Will heat, wrap in foil & eat at the game)
*Game @ 6pm

Friday - Marinara Tortellini w/ Bread

Saturday - Burgers on the Grill

Sunday - Leftovers



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you had a lovely day with your family!

    I used to love playing baseball as a kid but I'm not so crazy about watching it anymore, lol!

    I love that you made the tortillas. I have made them one time and they were good although I made them too thick. I need more practice!

    Do you have a recipe for the Freezer Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wraps? Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete