Monday, May 21, 2012

My MONTHLY Meal Plan


Last week's meal plan went pretty well. And this week should be even easier. This is our last week of t-ball and softball. So only 2 games this week. I don't know if we'll know what to do with ourselves and all of this free time! I'm guessing our house will end up really clean or really messy! ;)


I have had a lot of interest in how I Monthly Meal Plan! I got the most interest in how I can go an entire month without repeating anything! So here is my plan! My "month" is a little weird... It's not the traditional month. It's because my husband gets paid every 2 weeks. One check is just salary, one is salary + commission. So our monthly budget starts from the commission check. Also, remember that this is meant to help me not stress me out! I can change these things around whenever needed. I just make sure to highlight the items I do make so that I know what ingredients I don't have any more.



And here is my Monthly Shopping List! The only thing I haven't planned out entirely is snacks, breakfasts and sides. Those are based more by what's on sale.


Here's my monthly shopping trip! I only spent $100, which is only half of our monthly budget!



Here's the details of our week:


Breakfast:
Cereal, Cream of Wheat, Homemade Granola, Waffles, Toast



Lunch:
PB&J, Lunchmeat Sandwiches, Leftovers

Snacks:
Carrots, Chips & Hummus, Apple Slices, Hard-Boiled Eggs, Pretzels, Granola Bars

Dinner:

Monday - Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches


Wednesday - Crispy Cheddar Chicken

Thursday - Quesadillas on the go!
*Last Softball Game

Friday - BDay Party
*Last T-Ball Game

Saturday - Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup

Sunday - BBQ Sandwiches



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I am about to try my first monthly menu plan next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $100 monthly grocery trip!! You're my hero :o) I tried a monthly menu plan a few months ago and it was such a relief to know that everything for those 30 meals was on hand and I could rearrange as necessary!! ~ Kristen @ http://trialanderrorhomemaking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete