Thursday, June 14, 2012

28 Different Breakfast Ideas

Since I've started Monthly Meal planning and Monthly Shopping, there are of course a few things that I've realized... Things that work well AND things that need to be changed and tweeked.

One thing I've noticed is that we need more breakfast options! And especially healthier meals.

I like to think we're pretty healthy eaters. We're definitely not the best... But we are pretty well balanced. Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day and I want to make sure my family and I are starting the day off right.

So, I've spent some time this last week searching for some healthy options.

We have always limited juices and milk to almost always only with a meal. This is best for teeth. When you're chewing your mouth creates a saliva to protect your teeth from the food. When you drink it is not created. Therefore, sugary drinks are just left stuck on your teeth.

One thing I am going to start implementing is that my kids drink a glass of water in the morning. This is said to increase your metabolism, but that is not the reasoning for my kids. I want to avoid them getting dehydrated and it's good for your skins elasticity and defense against the sun.

And here are the new breakfast meal options I will be starting to implementing:

  • Poached Eggs on Toast
  • Sunny Side Up Eggs w/ Toast
  • Eggs, Bacon/Sausage & Toast
  • Hard-boiled Eggs
  • Homemade Granola w/ Milk & Fresh Fruit
 
  • Scones w/ Fruit or Yogurt
  • Muffins w/ Yogurt, Eggs, Fruit
  • Banana Bread/Muffins
  • Pancakes
  • Homemade Poptarts
  • Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
  • Granola Bars w/ Yogurt
  • Coffee Cake
  • Breakfast Burritos
  • Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
  • Mini Breakfast Casseroles
  • French Toast
  • Quiche
  • Toast
  • Bagels & Cream Cheese
  • Cold Cereal
*My goal is to make and freeze as many of these meals as possible over the next week!

What's your favorite breakfast meal???

No comments:

Post a Comment