Friday, June 8, 2012

Last Day of School

The bittersweet day has finally come...  Excited to be done with waking up early, packing lunches, homework, projects, etc. Anxious about how to fill my children's days with things other than bickering! :)

Yesterday, was a trial run. My kids had off for a teacher work day. They did pretty good staying busy. 

Hannah sat outside and painted.

I had a chance to make Homemade Whole Wheat Poptarts! They were yummy! Recipe to come!


Last year I posted about "Our Attempt at a Summer on the Go"! I listed 71 ideas for ways to keep your kids busy for the summer! It was a great way for me to help my children avoid boredom and ultimately fighting! It worked great! This year I'm thinking of printing the list out, so I have it on hand! Also, I want to prepare ahead for some of them, instead of just waiting until the kids are bored & cranky and I don't have the supplies or patience.


This summer I'm adding to the list... Thanks to the lovely introduction of Pinterest! I have never been too crafty of a mom, but what kid doesn't love to make things with their own hands??? My kids constantly beg me to do artsy stuff! I normally say no, because it's unorganized and a mess! But this year I've decided to indulge my kids! Wish me luck! I've found several fun and easy crafts that I know my kids will love!

Another thing I'm adding is cooking with my kids! I've found lots of new recipes (again, thanks to Pinterest) that I want to try! I've been wanting to let my kids help me more in the kitchen, so i figured this would be a great way to start! They definitely have the desire! I want my kids to know their basic way around the kitchen, and it's a great way to get some one-on-one time!

During the school year, as you can tell from our Meal Plans, we are constantly running from one activity to the next. The summer will be a perfect time to slow down and allow them to help in the kitchen!

Now this will definitely require a lot of patience, which is not always my strongest quality, but stretching yourself is never a bad thing, right?! :)

I'll be posting every week the fun activities from the past week! Hopefully, you can try some of these activities with your children!

What are your favorite summertime activities???


 


Making your home sing Mondays

2 comments:

  1. I love finding stuff on Pinterest for me and my daughter to do! :-)
    And homemade pop tarts ROCK!
    I'm here visiting from Finer Things Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favorite thing is slowing down. My kids are both grown and so it's not quite as busy with planning and play dates and park dates and stuff like it used to be.

      But I do have several things that I plan on doing. Some fun and some not so fun, lol! Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

      Delete