Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Meal Plan 06/11 - 06/17


Maybe I should change the title to "Tuesday Meal Plan", considering this is the third week in a row that I haven't posted on Monday!? I was at the beach all day yesterday with my Mom & then she took the kids after we got home! It was great to come home and jump straight into the shower, instead of waiting for all the kids to get showered! My husband and I had a great date night out to dinner and then came home and did school work until midnight! That's always the best way to end a date night, right??

Last week's meal plan went to mostly as planned. We did eat out one night when we were down to only 2 kids. Gotta take advantage of those times. :)

We're now officially on Summer Vacation!!! Today is rainy and the rest of the week doesn't look too different... We'll see how well it goes keeping the kids busy with inside activities! I posted some of our summer ideas HERE!

Well I'm sad to say, with only 4 days left in "my month", I went over budget! :( I just couldn't pass up chicken for $1.68/lb AND whole wheat bread for $0.85 each AND Apples at $0.77/lb AND a whole chicken fryer for $0.99/lb! I was down to only 2 chicken breasts! That's appalling in this household... According to my husband! Who practically eats his weight in protein every week! I only went over $40 and in the long run it's saving me! So I'm not too worried! 

I think feeding a family of 6 for $240/month is still amazing! ;)





Here's this week's details:



Breakfast:
Toast, Cream of Wheat, Homemade Granola, Breakfast Casserole Bites, Pumpkin Muffins


Lunch:
PB Sandwiches, Leftovers, Freezer Chicken & Bean Burritos, Turkey Wraps, Hard-Boiled Eggs


Snacks:
Popcorn, Popsicles, Jello, Apples and Crock Pot Apple Sauce


Dinner:

Monday - Date night out

Tuesday - Hamburger Helper w/ Applesauce & Rolls

Wednesday - Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tacos

Thursday - BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

Friday - Crock Pot French Dip Sandwich

Saturday - Pork Chops on the Grill

Sunday - Dinner at the In-laws for Father's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment