Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week #2 of Summer Activities

Another successful week of Summer in our house! And so far it's only cost me $4.00! Now that's my kinda fun!

Lately, my kids have been obsessed with riding bikes! I love it! They're outside, playing together and burning off energy! We have had a few accidents, but nothing too terrible... Yet. ;)


We went to the $1.00 Summer Movies at Regal! We saw Journey 2. It was good. A little exciting for my 4-year-old, but he just sat on my lap & closed his eyes. Overall, it was a good movie. We brought our own bag of chips to snack on. Make sure you get there early, because sometimes they can be packed if there are a lot of day cares.


I did get some baking done this week. I made banana muffins & bread, Homemade Granola, Homemade Granola Bars & Waffles for the freezer. I let Isaac help with mixing the waffles. It is difficult to let my kids help in the kitchen, but I know they like it. I just have to be prepared for the extra time it will take.


On the first day of Summer we went to Rita's for discounted Italian Ice with my parents. My husband was out of town on business and they were keeping me company... A.K.A. Distracted from being alone! We walked there from their house. 


On the way home, Isaac caught his first firefly! He was so excited! He didn't want me to take a picture of it, because he didn't want it to fly away! When he finally let it go, I was trying to take a picture of it and it flew right onto my finger. I freaked out screaming! I don't know why, but it scared me. Needless to say, I did not get this sweet moment on camera! Lol



We also had some baseball... Of course! This hit he stroked the ball out to center field!


We also had a beach day! It was too short, though. Could have stayed there all day!








Another night that my husband was out of town, we went to my Grandparents with my Mom. We took the kids down to feed the ducks. Of course it ended with poop on Dilon's foot & Hannah's hand! Yuck!


We ended the week by celebrating my sister's bday! And I welcomed her to the Coach purse club! I think I was just as excited about giving it as she was about getting it!



"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT ME A COACH PURSE!"



Of course, these pictures glamorize my week! It was a fun week, but it was not without sibling rivalry, running errands, doing schoolwork, house chores, lawn work, etc. I definitely don't have any pictures of that! 

*What were the glamorous parts of your week???


Making your home sing Mondays

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, sounds like a FUN week. I want to come summer with you guys! I miss catching fire flies. We don't have many around here. Some of my kids have never seen them!

    Great post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine summer without them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete