Thursday, July 12, 2012

Look UP



Good news... I managed to survive my last week of school for the Summer! Woo hoo!!! No school til the Fall! Although, I can't quite say the same thing for everything else! :)

Apparently, my relief from finishing school has carried over into other things. And by "other things" I mean everything! Yardwork, housework, grocery shopping, cooking, laundry... You name it!

This of course is another busy week. We have something every night. I also have the added stress of my husband leaving on Saturday for a missions trip in Mexico! He will be gone for a week. So that's definitely throwing me off a bit. 

Hopefully next week should be better. I always get a lot of cleaning done when he is gone, so I can stay occupied. We'll see how successful I am.

I'm planning on going back to the monthly meal plan and shopping starting next week. That was much easier! Especially with the summer, I want to spend the least amount of time in the grocery store. Plus, planning ahead allows me to pick meals that are quick and easy to get on the table.

With weeks like this it is easy to get overwhelmed with life. I'm trying to keep my eyes on what is important... Which means that right now some things will be neglected. My house won't be spotless, my kids will have to entertain themselves (*gasp), I have no meal plan... But I'm okay with everything not always being perfect.
I know that sometimes the Proverbs 31 woman can bring on an eye roll from many. But we shouldn't be intimidated by her, we should learn from her.
It doesn't say that she does everything without failing. It says she works her hardest! Some days everything won't get done, but we should still work at it the best we can.


Idleness is an easy thing to fall into, especially with all the electronic "conveniences". You can sit on the phone, t.v. or computer for hours. Nothing is wrong with taking a break or using any of these things. The problem comes in when we let them distract us from what should be our real priorities.


What is your motivation? What are you relying on? Where is your strength coming from??? Yes... Even for housework! You are being a servant and that is hard work that requires patience, strength, perseverance, etc. All things that God can perfect in you

Look to Him! Look up!



Shared with:
 
Making your home sing Mondays

1 comment:

  1. I haven't meal planned consistently in a long time. I really need to get back to doing that and I *always* say it but I'm not really doing it.

    Yes, some weeks the house must be flexible with our schedule because life gets busy! Hope your husband has a lovely time on his missions trip! Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday.

    ReplyDelete