Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Change in Season and Life



I don't know about you, but this Summer has been crazy. And now... I have lost steam! This seems to happen to me every Summer. I start off being full of energy and having big plans. By the last few weeks I am tired and bored. I'm also a little depressed, when I think about all the plans I had of fun things to do with the kids and realize we barely did any of them.

Lately, we've been filling our time with t.v. and bickering! It's been grand!

Thank goodness for the change in season and schedule that is quickly approaching! I do love summer, but fall is definitely my favorite season. Summer makes me feel lazy. Fall seems to energize me!

There are a few things I need to get done before school starts.
  1. Take inventory of the kids school clothes.
  2. Go school clothes shopping.
  3. Go school supplies shopping.
  4. Stock up with healthy food for school lunches.

This Fall I plan on making a few changes...
  1. Get back to meal planning. We have eaten out a lot!
  2. Get back to cooking homemade items. I can't even remember the last time I've made anything besides dinner.
  3. Stock freezer cooking again.
  4. Stick to my cleaning schedule. My house has stayed pretty clean this summer, but some days we do no chores and other days we do all the chores. It's definitely easier to stick to doing a little bit every day.
  5. Start setting weekly goals for myself. This will help me stay focused on my priorities.
  6. Couponing! I have managed to mostly stay in our budget of $50 a week, even without using coupons. But we've also been eating out a lot. Without coupons my money hasn't been buying nearly as much.
  7. Blog more consistently. 


What about you??? Are you excited for the change in season coming? What is your favorite season? Do you have any changes that you need to make???

No comments:

Post a Comment