Monday, February 4, 2013

Breaking Down Your Goals

Last month I posted my New Year's Resolutions. And I was proud to post last week that I have stayed focused so far! Yay me! I think I am overly focused right now, because I know that once the baby comes they will probably go out the window for awhile. HERE is where you can see my progress & goals for the month.

I mentioned some tips for how to set and keep your resolutions and one of them was to have a plan!

How often have you thought of things that need to be done, but never devise a plan and therefore just constantly think of excuses as to why it hasn't gotten done.
Excuses like, "I don't have time." "I don't know where to start."

You must have a plan & deadline for successful goal completion!




Here are a few tips to hopefully encourage you and keep you focused:  

  •  One way I have stayed focused is by creating a monthly goal list. It has smaller goals to help me stay on track with my resolutions. I got a printable monthly goal sheet HERE. Of course, you can just write your own. But using the printable list is a good way to get started. It has a few goals already printed and then a few empty spots to write your own goals. You can see my list of monthly goals HERE.

  • Another thing I'm using to stay on track is by using a printable declutter calendar found HERE. This calendar is great! It has small tasks designated for each day to check off. I mean it when I say small. Things like "Clean off one counter." "Clean out one fridge shelf." It will get you through the whole house in a year. 

  • We have a weekly and monthly cleaning checklist. It is HERE. I use it to give out daily chores to the kids and for myself. The thing to remember with these checklists is that their main focus is for organizing and decluttering... Not keeping your house clean. So, as you go through them you need to put "rules" in place to keep your house organized. Then you can focus on starting a cleaning routine. 

  • I also use daily To Do Lists. Everyday I add the kids chores, my chores and things that I need to get done that day. I use it to help break down my monthly goals. I normally never have more than 5 tasks total. Too much is setting yourself up for failure.

I hope this doesn't sound too overwhelming!!! It really is simple... It's just a process of breaking everything down in order to get it done.

Yearly Resolutions ---> Monthly Goals ---> Daily To-Do's


Simple enough, right??? How do you manage to get your goals done?


Shared with:

No comments:

Post a Comment