Here is the recap of my 2013 New Year's Resolutions so far...
- Organize and Print all of our pictures - I have downloaded all my
pictures from my computer to SnapFish.com. Next step is to download the
pictures from my phone, facebook and cameras. Then as they have promos I
will print them individually and as photo books.
- Plan and stick to a budget - We have started the Dave Ramsey
budget and cash envelope system. So far, so good. But boy is it hard. Right now we are working on saving, tracking all spending and cutting where ever we can.
- Work out twice a week - This is the one I think I am most proud of to say that I accomplished this month! Only 4 more months to maintain until the baby is born. After that I will obviously take a break for about 2 months and then hopefully I can workout at home until I'm comfortable taking the baby to the childcare.
- Schedule monthly date nights and family nights -
This one has not been so successful. Does packing together count??? We have had more time at home as a
family lately, but no real family fun nights. And my husband, Isaac and I have had a few lunch dates.
But that's about it so far. One thing to remember is that my husband works from home, so we do spend a lot of time.
- Drink 64 oz. of water a day - This is still a work in progress.
So far I have gotten up to about 48 ounces. But I have been limiting sugar
& caffeine drinks to about once a day. So I feel that is a good trade off so far.
- Be in bed before 11pm & shower first thing in the
- I have been in bed before bed. Although, I don't normally fall asleep
until close to midnight. And showers are regular again. Lol
- Declutter before we move and organize new house - The decluttering is going great so far. HERE is one post I wrote about the process so far.
**I have stayed on track by having monthly and daily checklists. I'll be posting more on this later.
Here are my January goals recap:
Set your goals for the year. File papers. Clear out holiday clutter by putting away new items received as gifts. Take down and store your holiday decorations. Let go of anything that didn’t make it out of storage this year.
- Take care of gift returns.... Still have a few things.
Send thank you notes for holiday gifts.
- Declutter and organize your storage area... I've still got a few to go and I know it will get done because we are moving in less than 60 days.
- Organize the photos you took last year and
set up an organizing system for this year... I've started this process, but still have a ways to go. Declutter + organize the holiday greeting cards you received this year. Let go of something that’s weighing you down and start the new year just a little bit lighter... I organized my gift bags and wrapping paper supplies.
- Make a new Homemaking Binder... Not yet. I have one already, but it needs some tweeking.
Set kid's daily chore chart& laminate. Complete January declutter calendar.
- Get college classes set for next semester... Have to get this done this month.
Workout twice a week... Definitely MOST proud of this goal being accomplished!! I can already tell that I'm getting stronger & am able to last longer without being winded on the treadmill.
Here are my goals for February:
- File papers at the end of the month.
- Declutter master bedroom - decorations, clothes, shoes, nightstands, etc.
- Pack what I can in master bedroom.
- Declutter & organize medicine cabinet.
- Schedule kid's physical.
- Declutter & pack linen closet.
- Outfit vehicles with an emergency kit.
- Begin planning for the summer.
- Make Valentine's Day plans.
- Take care of gift returns - Headphones, shirt, watch.
- Download photos from phone & facebook to SnapFish.
- Organize a homemaking binder.
- Laminate kids chore chart.
- Complete February declutter calendar.
- Get college classes set.
- Workout twice a week.
- Declutter magazines & pack.
- Freeze one thing a week. - This is preparation for baby.
- Make one homemade item a week. - This is to help cut down on grocery cost.
- Sell things on Craigslist. - Preparing for move.
Yes, this may seem a little overly ambitious, but remember... I am moving in less than 60 days so I essentially need to organize my whole house before then. Also, I'm having a baby in about 4 months and I know that after that most of this will go out the window! The more I can get done now, the less I will have to worry about later. So for anyone else not in these 2 situations, I would suggest about half of this for your monthly goal list.
What are your yearly or monthly goals???