Monday, March 4, 2013

March Goals & February Recap


Here is the recap of my 2013 New Year's Resolutions so far...


  1. Organize and Print all of our pictures - I have downloaded all my pictures from my computer, Facebook & phone to SnapFish.com. Next step is to download the pictures from my cameras. Then as they have promos I will print them individually and as photo books.
  2. Plan and stick to a budget - We have started the Dave Ramsey budget and cash envelope system. This has helped us tremendously keeping track of expenses & staying organized. As we start to "master" it a little better then I will write about it.
  3. Work out twice a week - Another successful month. There were 3 times I couldn't make it to the gym because of the kids & myself being sick, but I made sure I did some yoga stretches at home. Only 3 more months til baby.
  4. Schedule monthly date nights and family nights - Surprisingly this has been the most difficult goal to complete. This past month we did go to Great Wolf Lodge one weekend. The kids have been saving their report card money since last year & then we got a great deal from Groupon. We had a blast! The kids all got along well & it was really just a relaxing time.
  5. Drink 64 oz. of water a day - This has become easier and easier this past month. A few times I have drank more than my goal!
  6. Be in bed before 11pm & shower first thing in the morning - This is becoming a normal part of my routine again.
  7. Declutter before we move and organize new house - The decluttering is going great so far. HERE is one post I wrote about the process so far. Only one more closet and the garage to go!!



**Read HERE how I use checklists to break down my goals & make them more attainable!


Here is my February goals recap:


  • File papers at the end of the month.
  • Declutter master bedroom - decorations, clothes, shoes, nightstands, etc. - My husbands nightstand is still left, but he can do that in his own timing. :)
  • Pack what I can in master bedroom.
  • Declutter & organize medicine cabinet. - Our medicine cabinet looks amazing now! I'll post about this later.
  • Schedule kid's physical.
  • Declutter & pack linen closet. - The only thing left out is the kids sleeping bags. I plan on washing all our bedding the week before we move, packing that and they can sleep in their sleeping bags. Easy to roll them up on moving day.
  • Outfit vehicles with an emergency kit.
  • Begin planning for the summer. - I just made sure all the birthdays & things we've already committed to were on the calendar.
  • Make Valentine's Day plans.
  • Take care of gift returns - Headphones, shirt, watch.
  • Download photos from phone & facebook to SnapFish. - I just need to download the photos from my camera.
  • Organize a homemaking binder. - I just added to one I already have.
  • Laminate kids chore chart. - These are working great so far. Definitely helping the kids to remember to pick up after themselves.
  • Complete February declutter calendar.
  • Get college classes set. - Getting closer. Since I'm switching degrees and possibly schools it's been a bit more difficult than normal.
  • Workout twice a week. - The 3 days I couldn't make it to the gym I did some pregnancy yoga stretches.
  • Declutter magazines & pack.
  • Freeze one thing a week. - This is preparation for baby.
  • Make one homemade item a week. - This is to help cut down on grocery cost. - I made french bread, cinnamon sugar bread, peanut butter chocolate chip muffins & something else I can't remember.
  • Sell things on Craigslist. - Preparing for move. - We still have a few more things to sell.


Here are my March Goals:


·      File papers at the end of the month.
·      Schedule kid’s physical.
·      Take care of gift returns – Ear buds, Shirt, Watch
·      Get college classes set.
·      Workout twice a week.
·      Freeze one thing a week.
·      Make one homemade item a week.
·      Sell things on Craigslist.
·      Make Easter plans & shopping list.
·      Buy Easter shopping list.
·      Set up yard sale.
·      Greg’s nightstand.
·      Greg’s dresser.
·      Fill out change of address form.
·      Notify insurance about change of address.
·      Defrost freezer.
·      Register at Babies R Us.
·      Make all household repairs.
·      Clean up yard.
·      Declutter garage.
·      Complete March Declutter calendar.
 

Hopefully, these will all be crossed off at the end of the month. Considering I'm moving March 30th. After that the amount of monthly goals should lessen.

What are your yearly or monthly goals???

No comments:

Post a Comment