Friday, April 12, 2013

Pregnancy Checklist

So now that we've moved and are all settled into our new house, my nesting has kicked into overdrive! I just want to get everything done right now! I'm 32 weeks and with every braxton hicks contraction I am reminded that the end is actually near!



I have made a checklist specifically of items that need get done before baby arrives to try to help with my anxiety. I find it helps put things into perspective when I write down exactly what needs to get done, instead of just thinking "I have too much to do." Plus, I don't have to keep running things over and over in my mind. I just write it down and then I don't have to worry about forgetting.

Here's my list:
  1. Third Trimester Class - this is a class that is required through my hospital. It talks about all the logistics of what will happen when you go into labor.
  2. Childbirth class - This is completely necessary, but I would like to take a quick refresher course. I'm not going to set if this doesn't happen. I've been doing lots of reading.
  3. Dentist checkup appointment
  4. Pack hospital bag
  5. Install carseat
  6. Plan birth announcements - This way we can just upload pics & details and mail out.
  7. Get a haircut - I always get my haircut right before the baby is due. Not only do I know it will be awhile before I can make it back, but I get it cut shorter so it will be more manageable.
  8. Make list of people who need to know birth details before we make a FB announcement - This may sound silly, but it's easy to get excited and post things without thinking of the people in your life that deserve to know through a personal call or message.
  9. Finish painting the nursery - We are so excited to actually have a nursery! This is our first time being able to decorate one! We are mostly done. 
  10. Buy baby furniture
  11. Wash baby clothes - Even though we don't know the baby's gender I have a small box of neutral clothes that I have used with both of my babies that is perfect to use for the first few weeks at home & while we get the gender specific clothes ready.
  12. Sort baby clothes & wash small load - I have newborn clothes from my babies (boy & girl) that I need to sort according to age so they will be easy to pull out and use once the baby is born. Plus, I want to wash a few that could be used right away.
  13. Maternity photos - Not sure if this will happen either. We would like to, but if it doesn't happen it won't be a big deal.
  14. Have a date night - With everything going on between moving & 3 kids in baseball we have had almost no time alone, besides laying on the couch after the kids are in bed, exhausted from the day. We need to have a little time!
  15. Register with pediatrician - This will make things a lot easier once the baby is born. 
  16. Stock the house - Freezer meals, pantry foods, paper products, cleaning supplies, baby wipes & diapers, nursing supplies. The last thing I want to worry about is going shopping once the baby is here. I plan to just send my husband every week for essentials, like milk & produce. 
  17. Write shower thank-you notes - My shower is one week away! I can't wait!  
  18. Pack diaper bag - to take to hospital


This is what I have for now! If we hadn't just moved then I know that deep cleaning & organizing would be on this list, too. Thankfully I already purged & organized when we moved.

Can you think of anything that I'm missing? What is your advice for preparing for a new baby? Especially a 5th baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment